University Website Redesign Project Updates
12/04/12: UPDATE: School of Mines New Campus Website
1) UR web team is making a design change to the site which includes a modification to the site background. ITS will implement.
2) Navigation issues have finally been resolved as of last Friday, November 30, 2012.
3) UR web team is now working on adding and refining site navigation and sub-navigation.
4) We continue to add images.
5) UR/ITS launch checklist to be drafted.
1) Academic Departments: begin review on December 15, 2012. Deadline for corrections: Friday, January 4, 2013.
Instructions will be provided for review on the staging server as the website will not be live.
2) Review of website content per supplied copy deck.
3) Basic corrections will be made per supplied copy deck, but additional changes must be kept to a minimum until Phase II.
4) All other institutional groups: begin review January 15, 2013 (certain departments may be asked to begin review earlier.)
Phase I Launch:
1) Website Launch date: Friday February 28, 2013.
2) The weekend will be used by UR/ITS to work through any technical issues with launch.
1) Department publishers will be identified and announced in March, 2013.
2) Department publishers will begin training April/May, 2013.
3) Additional website content may be identified.
For those who currently update information on the existing site, we’d ask you to:
keep your information current;
inform us of any substantial changes that would impact work on the new site (new degrees, programs, department names, etc.), and
request help, as always, if you run into problems.
We'd like to keep work on the old site to the minimum necessary, but realize it still has to serve its purpose until the new website is available.